718-374-1487 | email@example.com| Shelbyboamah.com
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism | New York, NY| Expected Graduation Date: Dec. 2018
- MS. Journalism | Urban Reporting
Morgan State University | Baltimore, MD | MAY 2014
- BS. Broadcasting and Integrated Media Production
Vidicom, Inc./ Citybuzz | New York, NY | Producer Apr. 2015-Present
- Produce, write and edit 30-second radio ads and “Now U Know” news packages for CBS and NBC affiliate networks for this branded content company. Oversee broadcast and digital deliverables to networks, assist in the preparation of segments for broadcast, search for archival footage, fact-checking scripts, and transcribe interviews. Supervise the production workflow of Citybuzz Unit, including: researching stories, coordinating field shoots, shooting video, and maintaining production documents. Produce, write, and edit Citybuzz Daily Fix videos and monthly lifestyle segments for MTA Wi-Fi System, Javits Center, and NYC taxis. Manage, upload and post all video, audio and text to online platforms, including social media platforms, FTP sites, WordPress and YouTube. Manage production interns and inventory of video equipment.
OZY Media | New York, NY | Social Media Consultant Jun. 2017-Present
- Created 20 new recurring social video formats to live on OZY, Facebook, Facebook Live, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter. Shot and edited interviews and op-ed videos and series for various platforms.
New York Times Journalist Institute | New Orleans, LA | Multimedia Journalist May 2014
- One of 28 students accepted into the New York Times Journalism Institute, working as a multimedia. Wrote, filmed and edited video feature, A Community’s Long Awaited Hospital, and audio package, Relentless Noise Pounds through Bourbon Street.
USA Today | Baltimore, MD | Associate Producer Aug.2013-May 2014
- Produced, shot and edited monthly editorial segments featuring USA Today columnist Dewayne Wickham.
BCPS-TV (Baltimore County Public) | Towson, MD | Associate Producer Aug. 2013 -May 2014
- Produced, wrote and edited four episodes of The Chat Café, a 30-minute student talk show. Produced, wrote and edited BCPS News Briefs, one-minute news updates, weekly. Operated camera and teleprompter for Math Homework Helpers, a weekly live call-in show. Assisted news producers in gathering production elements, including interviews, sound bites and b-roll for video content. Assembled and edited string outs and rough cuts for senior video editors and producers.
Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club | Bronx, NY | Program Manager Jun. 2014- May 2016
- Developed, implemented and managed a $500,000 portfolio of public and private grants for over 5,000 youths, ages 14-24, centered on higher education, career exploration, work readiness, financial literacy, conflict resolution, social-emotional health, substance use prevention, character. Provided fiscal oversight, assuring program expenditures were on track and participated in budget preparation and fiscal meetings. Monitored the quality of all incorporated program materials to ensure compliance of contract specifications and programmatic goals. Provided leadership and direct supervision to over 80 staff members, including recruiting, hiring, training, and resource development.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Hardware: C100, Canon 7D, Sony SF7, Sony EX3, Panasonic HMC 150, Zoom
- Software: Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Avid Pro Tools
- Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn
- Languages: Conversational Spanish